"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

Saturday, March 19, 2011

pirate p(ARRRRRR)ty.

I have been planning to spend a marvelous evening watching all three of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies as a bit of mental preparation for the fourth one being released on May 20th (GLEE!!!!!!) Anywho, I sent the invites, bought the food, plundered and pillaged... I mean, worked my hiney off, AND

It went a little something like this---->

Three types of rum, fresh tropical fruits...

Some (not quite as pirate-y) snacks...

Souvenir suede pouches filled with chocolate coins and a pirate chest to boot!

A ceiling FILLED with pirate pennants and black and red balloons...


The highlight of the party? My rum, coconut cake.




I even went so far as to decorate the innards with chocolate coins AND embellish the side with a cashew cross-n-bones.

The planning? It took my blood, sweat and tears. I spent an ENTIRE Friday decorating and chopping and baking and STUFF! But, it was soooooo worth it.

The turnout? Fairly dismal... Although, I'm keeping my chin up about it because it's just more proof that I'm going to be the coolest mum ever! (Next to my own mum.)

Song of the (yester)day--> Do I even need to say it?

I do?

Ok...

You asked for it!

Pirates of the Caribbean theme. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't have a better turn out. It was a gorgeous set up and I'll bet that cake was unbelievably yummy!! You WILL be the best mom ever. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete