"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vivie con miedo es como vivia a medias


I love this movie!!!!

A lovely evening with Miss Shannon. Pizza pies and a jug full of icy, icy water. Mmmmmm...

"Scott Hastings is a champion caliber ballroom dancer, but, much to the chagrin of the Australian ballroom dance community, Scott believes in dancing "his own steps". Fran is a beginning dancer and a bit of an ugly duckling who has the audacity to ask to be Scott's partner after his unorthodox style causes his regular partner to dance out of his life. Together, these two misfits try to win the Australian Pan Pacific Championships and show the Ballroom Confederation that they are wrong when they say, "there are no new steps!"'- IMDb.com

I've always been partial to the name Fran. (Most likely because of this movie.) It reminds me of the word "frump" and they just kind of GO together! Frumpy Fran. I mean, did you SEE how frumpy she was??


She becomes more and more beautiful to him because he's getting to see her for what she's worth. Ahem... "Do I love you because you're beautiful? Or are you beautiful because I love you?" Rodgers and Hammerstein's have it correct; and, well, the best endings end in love. So, it had to happen at some point. Why not in this dress?


Ooooo... and with that 'tude!!

Song of the day- "Love is in the Air"- John Paul Young

1 comment:

  1. You may thank me later for introducing you. I'll have to watch it this weekend now! Love this movie. :)

    ReplyDelete