"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

Sunday, January 23, 2011

OREGON!! (That other shape..)

So! Unfortunately my time in Oregon was during one of the worst weekends of the year (weather-wise). Cloudy days, fog, rain.. Ick.


Ahhh... The open road. (David's hands)

The Wax Museum in Newport!

Where we saw MJ:


Monsters:


And Marilyn!:


Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum (next-door to the Wax Museum):


Ever hear of the mermaid that Barnum and Bailey's showcased? That they made by sewing together half a monkey and half a fish? This is it. Ew.

THEN, we made our way down to the Pacific, the other side of the country from where I've lived my whole life... It was so close, I could almost claim I'd been "from sea to shining sea"... But it was rainy, and not so shiny...

But, it was still my moment to cherish. :)


We adventured later on and discovered a flooded playground/jungle gym which, OF COURSE we went and played on! (Note that this is a double slide... where children can enjoy themselves by hurling towards a foot of water!)


Memories aside, my greatest treasures from a weekend of spontanaity is the documentation of the dozen or so rainbows we saw on the way back to Idaho...


And this wicked sweet statue of my right hand immortalized in wax!


Song of that weekend in particular? --> "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" from Hello Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment