"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

"Painters are almost all Don Quixotes"

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shukrani

I have become absolutely smitten with this "mini" business that's been established on campus. Business students create beautiful jewelry focusing on rolled paper beads made by women in Uganda. These women, through the creation of these beads, raise their weekly income from $1 to $4 even $5 dollars! ALL of the profits made from the company are sent back to them. I love their designs, the uniqueness of the beads, and the effect I have on these women SO much, that I can't stop purchasing the jewelry. Let's take a peek-see at my collection thus far...----->





All in all,

o 6 bracelets
o 3 necklaces
o 1 keychain
o 1 jewelry bag (also made by the same women in Uganda)
o 6 sets of earrings (3 of them are gifts though...)

and a partridge in a pear tree.

Whoo.

Song of the day- "Wishery" by POGO---> YOU MUST YOUTUBE THIS SONG! Genius, genius, genius... I love everything by him.

2 comments:

  1. Wait! Stop! Great cause. Beautiful jewelry, but someone we know and love needs money to get back to college and to buy books in the fall! Now I have an idea of what MY earrings will look like. You have great taste... You didn't mention I could wipe out your duck if I clicked on it!

    ReplyDelete